20+ years of experience in the fields of Visual Design.
Digital Designer & Developer
My name is Jon Ostrander and with every company I have worked for, including ones not on my resume, a wealth of situations has arisen which needed skillful, detailed, and well thought out attention. I have always been the “go-to” person for these tasks. This is because one of my greatest strengths is being business minded, not merely position minded, and I have the vision, understanding, experience and intelligence to provide well-chosen solutions to a wide variety of issues.
I am a creative and I am passionate about design, but I also value the importance of being a true business professional. I take pride in the ability to understand each client and the needs and goals of a project from both the design and business standpoint.
I am a very motivated, extremely reliable self-starter with agency, interactive and entrepreneurial experience looking to leverage my excellent communication, presentation, and consulting skills along with my wide array of talents to add maximum value to an organization and its clients.
Here are some of the positives I can offer:
• 20+ years of earned, progressively increasing experience in the fields of Visual Design, Graphic Design, Advertisements, Marketing & Collateral, UI/UX Design, including Rich Media
• Well-versed in visual design fundamentals, typography, color theory, brand communication and UI & UX principles
• Experience with multi-device design and responsive web design (RWD) as well as HTML5 & CSS3
• Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop/Flash/Premiere/After Effects/Dreamweaver)
• Attention to detail with strong verbal and visual communication, written communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
• Proven ability to design solutions and achieve desired objectives, to grasp new areas of information and translate within tight deadlines in high-pressured environments without compromising on work quality
• Willingness to teach, to learn, to lead, or follow as circumstances dictate
• Ability to maintain focus on critical details amidst multiple projects and deadlines while balancing competing priorities
• Strong Project Management skills and efficient work ethic
• Financial industry experience